Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Dungeons of Rap

Release Party


Next day, when the albums
sold are six movements
to become, I helix around.
Make me into helicopters,
make helixes our six movements.


Hello to Nas


Hello. The axls of Alabama
are now us. New York
never gives, moves around an idea,
cars; movement's trains muscle out wheels.


Use It Like a Body


White people don't eat
from that, baby.

Shit, where did you
put that car?

Why can't certain people
make ghosts come see
how the tough slaughters everything?


Narrative Through the Linked Albums


Even in darkness there lies
what once was light. Rest up,
daisies, until you're ready
to get funky. Everybody
get on the floor. Dance.


Totally, the Dance Break


Electric movements six.
Twelve Taco Bells assemble in the rain,
making discontinued silence and us
into something prizelike. Boots
shoot out rockets through crickets,
windows steaming. My posse is here,
making tacos into movement, making
helicopters come for us. Twelve DJs
don't mean that. Strobe effects.
That's not a. Move on truth. Churches
assemble choirs into cymbals that glitter
out when echoes touch them. I'm
an Earth's case. I'm a shotgun. I'm
in water. Burn it if you can, baby. I'm
how water is. DJ, salt this moon.
It isn't for us. Shake it, ladies.
Work up to now.


A Pose to Break You Off


Digital women throw digital
sunlight on the train and wave.
Even in trains you can't bowl
into a city's grace. The pavement
is hot enough. Even wheels can't see
how fast we go. Space can't take
this house of Soul; it just moves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh Evans said...

It's like you're beatboxing, but with your heart.
It's like you're banging, but with your soul.
It's like you're chilling, but with your art.
It's like you're ryming, but with words.

- The revolutionary middle class.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Carton Tragedy said...

you ain't even a jigga!, fake asp bitch!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home